Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Armored Corps Memorial Site and Museum at Latrun (Yad La-Shiryon)

This is on my top ten places to visit, much to the chagrin of my family. Why go to a tropical island when a museum like this is available.  I would go for other reasons like two other of my top ten are in Israel.  

To me the location's history is awe-inspiring. It does not hurt to also have all of those tanks. In general I was always limited to my abilities (or lack of) with Hebrew to explore these web sites. I hope to correct this as I am scheduled to start classes in Hebrew this November.

While I am currently limited I have to say that this official site is very impressive. If all you do is view the videos, I do not think you will be disappointed.

http://www.yadlashiryon.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment