Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Update and a Review

Over the next couple of weeks (months) as I get settled into my new career as a programmer, I will be limited in how much time I can divert to writing and gaming. With that said until time frees up I will be limited to these three projects.
  • Campaign to Save General Pope 
  • Give GUPPys Their Due 
  • Imperial Skies – With a Twist.
The first I covered last blog post, and I am waiting on the submarines so for now lets look at Imperial Skies.

These are rules by Robin Fitton and with miniatures by Brigade Models. I supported this as a Kickstarter and I have not been disappointed. The rules are first class and allow for using any existing miniatures from Brigade Models or other third parties making figure for AeroNefs. Robin went with superior production values with the book and will be suitable for sale in shops in the near future, I am sure.

The rules are designed around an alternate World War I with massive battle fleets. For me I will be doing colonial operations in darkest Africa, Mars and Venus via Space 1889. Either way the rules play well and I am looking forward to getting my new Russian fleet. They were one of my favorites and I am sorry to of parted with them.

As I said, these rules come with the support of Brigade Models who is creating new airships for the rules. Great looking models, take a look at the links as these are great models. 

No comments:

Post a Comment