Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

The tree is up, gifts purchased and the last of the baked goods are on the rack cooling. A good time to reflect over the year gone by. As this is a blog dealing with my hobby of wargaming I will reflect on that.

I am also ending 2013 basing up my modern 1/6000 scale naval miniatures bought years ago.  These have been mostly forgotten and regulated to the back of the worktable. These Cold War miniatures are mostly from the 1960s and 1970s, a period when the gun was as important as the missile.  It is also a period that I am interested in due to my friends out in York.

This year was spent mostly getting ready for next and the Centenary of The Great War. My Ottomans and British are ready to fight in the desert. My Knights of the Air are ready as well, just waiting for TOOFATLardies Algy rules.

Next up on the painting bench are the British and German cavalry for Nery.  An engagement I want to run in the New Year. So while I have not gotten done as much as I intended I am happy with the results.

For 2014 I will continue my Great War project, Cold War naval, and maybe one new project (stay tuned for that). I also look forward to playing IABSM, CoC and DUX  by the Lardies.

All the best and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

One of the model kits from my youth and one of my favorite Soviet ships.

1 comment: